Successful online communication with strangers
Posted On 04/01/2019
The world around us is full of people suffering from loneliness for many reasons. They do not have enough time to communicate because of work, a fast pace of life in modern society and so on.
When can we find time for communication? How can you overcome shyness? How to start talking to people? You may find the answers to these questions using modern information technologies and services of the global Internet.
Research in the field of psychology of communication has shown that communication with strangers benefits both you and the stranger. At least, such communication allows you to improve your mood.
Ways of communication with strangers in the chat
Taking a closer look at the ways of communication with strangers, we can highlight:
- communication in the social networks using a variety of instant messengers;
- communication using text chat;
- communication in the video chats.
All these methods require a computer or other devices that have an access to the Internet. Moreover, you need a device for transmitting and receiving video and sound for video communication.
You can find a lot of popular electronic resources in the global network that provide the opportunity to communicate online.
How to make communication with a stranger successful
What should you do to make communication with a stranger pleasant and successful? Each person has a certain experience of communication and his own manner of behavior.
To establish a contact with the interlocutor, you may use the following recommendations:
– everyone sees the world around him in his own way. Each person is unique. Try to turn off your subjective attitude to the interlocutor. Try to understand the reality from the point of view of your interlocutor;
– it is important to listen to the interlocutor. A lot of people need to speak out. Listening attentively to the interlocutor, you can thus expect the same attitude towards yourself in the future;
– you should look directly at the interlocutor as often as possible. Subconsciously, this technique shows the interlocutor that you do not hide anything, and he/she can trust you. A person who avoids a direct look may hide something;
– call your interlocutor by name, if the communication does not occur anonymously;
– any person is interested in communication with the smart interlocutor. If you are interested in a wide range of issues and you are eager to learn something new, there will always be people willing to talk to you;
– try to be yourself. Excessive self-control can create an impression of tension;
– do not do any other things talking to a stranger, like watching TV and so on.